cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Error importing Things_SteamSensor1.xml for the Android SDK excercise

jserrano
1-Newbie

Error importing Things_SteamSensor1.xml for the Android SDK excercise

I'm trying to import the Things_SteamSensor1.xml entity into my local Thingworx instance (v7.2.0) and the next error shows:

Anyone with the same error? Or any idea of where to find that DataShape?

Thanks on advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:jserrano)

Hi Josue Serrano​,

Please refer to PTC KCS article CS233150 and see if it helps. It seems related.

Thanks,

Ankit Gupta

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:jserrano)

Hi Josue Serrano​,

Please refer to PTC KCS article CS233150 and see if it helps. It seems related.

Thanks,

Ankit Gupta

This is exactly what I needed. I did create the Remote Thing and its properties, but this is the complete and full solution. Thank you Ankit.

Josue Serrano​ , Besides following the resolution mentioned in KCS Article like:

• Setup the Steam Sensor example in Eclipse first and run the example
  • Create a Steam Sensor Remote Thing in Composer and Bind it to the remote Thing
  • Add the remote service from the Java SDK and the DataShape will be included properly
  • The ExampleExport.xml file is not meant to be imported on its own Workaround
  • Create a DataShape with the name SteamSensorReadingsPlus and import the entities

You can also create a RemoteThing in Thingworx server and bind it virtual object in the SDK .

Please follow the steps send by me and let me know if you are able to establish connection and understand the complete mechanism.

Thanks

Ravi Upadhyay.

Thank you Ravi. It was really helpful.

Top Tags