cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Corresponding Starting/closing bracket is not shown if lines of code in between is >= 100

rkandasamy
1-Newbie

Corresponding Starting/closing bracket is not shown if lines of code in between is >= 100

Hi Team,

When used to write more number of lines of code in thingworx based our need/requirements.we observed that closing/Starting bracket is not shown correspondingly if the lines of code between them is  equal or greater than 100 lines.

If you could resolve this, it would be helpful.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

Hi Rdhakrishnan Kandasamy​ Thank-you for bringing to us , which you thing could be a potential bug. Please help us understand the problem .

Please explain in little detail what you are saying  , like , are you pointing to , while writing services or some Extension development code.

Please share screenshot as well. Your help would greatly be appreciated if shared with Steps of replication along with version of Thingworx , you are quoting here.

Thank you once again !

Ravi Upadhyay

Hi Ravi,

i am using thingworx version 7.1.0-b484. I am seeing this problem while writing thingworx service code(javacript).

To Replicate:

Open any thing and add a new service and inside that:

If( 2 == 2)

{

logger.info("Two is equal to two");

}

Now just try increasing the number of lines as empty lines between open/close bracket till reaches more than hundred. So the corresponding start/close bracket won't be highlighted after 100 line count.

Thanks.

ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:rkandasamy)

Rdhakrishnan Kandasamy​,

I can reproduce this issue. Can you please open case with PTC TS to report it to R&D.

Thanks,

Ankit Gupta

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Rdhakrishnan Kandasamy​ I have opened Jira PSPT-2976 for this issue. Just open a case with PTC TS and ask the TS to link this Jira to receive updates on this Jira.

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Hi Rdhakrishnan Kandasamy​,

On which ThingWorx version you are o?. Can you please share a Screenshot of what you mean.

I tried to create a service with if statement containing more than 100 lines of JavaScript code and I can see the start/closing bracket in ThingWorx 7.2.3.

Thanks,

Ankit Gupta

Thank-you for sharing the replication steps. Will try to reproduce on exactly same build and will inform you about my findings on this. If its bug , we will report to our Development team.

Thank-you once again for taking out time and reporting this to us. Highly appreciated.

On a slightly different note , have tried this on some different development IDEs , is it working okay there ?

Top Tags