cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Two sets of dashboards

nadams1
3-Visitor

Two sets of dashboards

I want to show different dashboards for Things and collections of Things.

But I also want to allow users to create their own dashboards in each of the categories. Is there a way to have two sets of dashboards one assoicated with one dashboard viewer widget and the second assoicated with a second dashboard viewer widget.

I don't want to allow users to select a dashboard meant for a collection when viewing a thing and viceversa.

1 REPLY 1
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:nadams1)

You will not be able to easily mix and match multiple dashboard tabs the way you describe it.

With a little leverage of the scripts available, you can probably set it up such that the Gadget Library only shows Gadgets of a certain type. But you would need to trigger off some session parameter which itself is triggered off which Dashboard you are looking at.

Almost impossible I think.

What can be done reasonably, is to have two dashboards, maybe a mashup with initially two tabs or a menu that switches between Thing vs. Template and on each of those you have a dashboard with its own library associated with it.

Top Tags