cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Navigate to another link programmatically

rkandasamy
1-Newbie

Navigate to another link programmatically

Hi Team,

I know we can navigate to another mashup through link widget in mashup. I would like to know whether it is possible to navigate to another mashup programmatically.

I also could not find a way to invoke the link using code. Please let me know your inputs.

9 REPLIES 9

You should use Navigate Widget instead of Link Widget.

Thanks. But Please elaborate with steps if possible to redirect the user another link in the same window using navigation widget.

Also, will it possible to click the button programmatically.?

Yes Navigation widget has a "Navigate" trigger.

Please, put navigation widget on you mashup and you will see:

• TargetWindow
    • New
    • Replace --> Same window
    • PopUp
    • Modal PopUp
    • Full Screen

How can i call this navigate trigger from thingworx code?

For ThingWorx code you mean Server Side? if that's the case you "can't" (that's not 100% true) trigger a Browser action from Server Side.

You usually trigger Navigation due to a user action, if you want to do timed Navigation you can use the Refresh Widget which asks to the server if it has to navigate or no every n-seconds. If you really need to Push from the server, you may use new websocket feature on 7.2 in order to receive a Push Property update and act accordingly.

Thanks Carles Coll. Here is the situation, we are facing now,

I have an organisation group. I add only the users who have permission on required entities. Somehow  if a normal user is added to the organisation by mistake, he would be able to login through and see the home mashup. but user can only may see red warning symbols due to unable to access entities with out permissions. So to avoid this,i want to show a pop up message and log him out if he is a normal user once he logged in.

the question is how to log out the user once he logged in after  checking if he is normal user?

Hi, the logout button ( http://marketplace.thingworx.com/Items/logout-button ) it's not bindable , then you can't force trigger it, but on the PopUp you show when the user it's "incorrect" you can put the Logout Button and allow the user only to tap it.

But if you are on a newer version ( 7.x ) , there's a logout button on standard widgets, and you can trigger this one --> Then you can force logout automatically.

Top Tags