cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Is ThingWorx capable of being a REST endpoint?

nbansal
12-Amethyst

Is ThingWorx capable of being a REST endpoint?

Hello,

Does anyone has any idea if ThingWorx capable of being a REST endpoint. Can we access the value of HTTP header details from inside ThingWorx composer/services?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

Everything on TW it's REST Endpoints.

nbansal
12-Amethyst
(To:CarlesColl)

Thanks Carles for your response.

Could you please tell me a bit about how to read http header details using Thingworx composer/services?

mhollenbach
5-Regular Member
(To:nbansal)

Nidhi,

What information are you trying to obtain in the header?

Meghan

Hello Meghan,

The requirement is to support a webhook from another site, but in order to do that, ThingWorx needs to be able to read the headers from the HTTP request. I want ThingWorx to be the REST server so that when a REST client makes a request, I can see the headers that the client sent to ThingWorx.

Hi Nidhi,

You can't read HTTP headers from REST API Calls, your TW services are executed on a upper level than RAW REST calls.

But if you control who does the requests then this should not be a problem, as TW REST API can accept as many parameters as you want. Here you have the TW RESP API documentation: Digital Media Publisher

Best Regards,

Carles.

Top Tags