cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

History of a thing

ngourav
1-Newbie

History of a thing

Carles CollJoao PintoThounaojam AmarjitDonna ReynoldsGlenn Sinclair

Hi All,

Can anyone help me on getting the history of the changes made in a thing . Can I get the that data in thingworx??

Thanks

Naveen

11 REPLIES 11

Hi @Naveen ,

Please clarify your question , as in what are you trying to do ?

Changes made to a Thing in Thingworx can easily been seen in Change History.

Please see the screenshot and let me know , if this is what you are looking for .

ChangeHistory.PNG

Hi Ravi Upadhyay

I want to get the history of the thing property changed.

Let me know if I understand your phrase correctly " Can I get that in Thingworx " means are you trying to export the changes to Excel ?

Hi Ravi Upadhyay

If you are doing any modification in a thing property I want to get that information with time and the changes which were made in that thing property value.

So when ever any user changes any thing in the property I need that info (property history).

Thanks

Naveen

To get this ,  once you have made changes , to the property , you will need to a export from the Property tab itself .ChangesToProperty.PNG

Check the xml file and it will contain the changes made to the Property of Thing.

I believe this is what you are looking for .

Hi Naveen,

If what you want it's recover the property values changes ( data), you should set the property as Logged and assign a ValueStream to the thing in order to store the logged values on the ValueStream. Once done this, all property values change will be recorded on the stream, then to recover the history values, you should  leverage "Query"+baseType+"PropertyHistory" services on the thing.

Best Regards,

Carles.

Thankyou Carles Coll​ , your answer made me realise that I was  not able to understand the the question. I thought , Naveen is talking about  the changes in property and Its property value.

Thanks once again

Hi Carles,

Thanks for your reply.

Can we get properties with different base types together in single infotable.

Hi Naveen,

To "join" on timestamp different logged properties from the same Thing, you have a helper method: QueryPropertyHistory -> Test it, I think it's what you are asking for.

Best Regards,

Carles.

Hi Naveen Gourav​,

If I got your question right, Carles Coll​ rightly answered your question. But I have created a blog post containing step by steps instruction on how to set up property logging, to make it clear and easy for lesser understood members. Find the blog post here Log Thing Property History ( Thing Property history logging and retrieval). Hope it helps.

Top Tags