cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

QueryDataTableEntries service fetch result slow.

magrawal
1-Newbie

QueryDataTableEntries service fetch result slow.

Hi guys,

In my application I've used QueryDataTableEntries service at many places but the problem I am facing with this service is that when I defined it's maxItems to 100000, it is fetching results very slow.

is anyone faced the same issue? how could I optimize response time here?

Thanks,

Meenakshi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Here you have an interesting read: https://community.thingworx.com/community/developers/blog/2016/03/11/where-should-i-store-my-thingworx-data#comment-2199

But by the way, if you have DataTables larger than 100k registers, better you go and move those to a real traditional relational database. For instance if you have Postgres TW you can create a table and connect to it through Database Thing, then you will be able to query through traditional SQL.

Carles.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

Here you have an interesting read: https://community.thingworx.com/community/developers/blog/2016/03/11/where-should-i-store-my-thingworx-data#comment-2199

But by the way, if you have DataTables larger than 100k registers, better you go and move those to a real traditional relational database. For instance if you have Postgres TW you can create a table and connect to it through Database Thing, then you will be able to query through traditional SQL.

Carles.

Thanks Carles Coll​, Traditional RDS is the best option for me.

supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:magrawal)

Hi Meenakshi, expanding on what Carles already mentioned, indeed it will help you address your concerns - have a look at this JDBC Extensibility and JDBC Connector Extension from ThingWorx Marketplace.

Hope this helps.

Top Tags