cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Generic Thingworx user can connect to Composer and view Mashup and other

dbologna1
1-Newbie

Generic Thingworx user can connect to Composer and view Mashup and other

Hi All,

i created one user pppppp/pppppp without project name and tags.

The user is not member of group and all check box in User Profile Configuration are not checked.

With thi user I can connect to Composer and can view mashup without data but logos and widgets are visible.

How can I configure the user in order to prevent him to connect to the Composer?

Thanks

Dimitri Bologna

5 REPLIES 5

You can set a Home Mashup in the general Information. So the user is directed to the Mashup and not to the Composer, when you log in.

Hi Mathis,

I setting the home Mashup.

If the user used the url of the composer https://......Thingworx.com/Thingworx/Composer/indec.html he will connect to composer.

Is it possible to disable the Composer for a users that aren't developer ?

How I can do it?

BR

Dimitri

supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:dbologna1)

Dimitri, does these developers don't need access to the various components for modeling and visualization? As these options are on Composer , i think if you restrict their rights for creating, editing or deleting for other entity collections it should be sufficient. Even though they be able to land on Composer page but only with restricted view of the composer e.g.

Hope this helps.

Here Re: Prevent composer access to TW users someone blocked the composer with a filter in tomcat.

A function in Thingworx don't exist to block the Composer, as I read in this post Re: Is it possible to have different authenticator for run time?

supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:dbologna1)

Hi Dimitri, is Users group part of the Everyone Organization? Something like this

If they are please remove them and this should make all the users (except) Administrator go to the SQUEAL page if they don't have a Home Mashup set - you can set the Home Mashup as explained by Mathias above

Top Tags