cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

thingworx 7.2 installation : cannot start tomcat8 : –Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 class not found

pjoly
11-Garnet

thingworx 7.2 installation : cannot start tomcat8 : –Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 class not found

Hello

I followed the guide to install Thingworx 7.2 on Ubuntu 14 LTS using postgres and I have the following error at the enxt step when starting tomcat8

(error : impossobile to find or load main class -Dfile.econding=UTF8)

any ideas ?

thanks

m2aim@M2AIMvm2:~$ sudo service tomcat8 restart

Using CATALINA_BASE:   /usr/share/tomcat8/8.0.33

Using CATALINA_HOME:   /usr/share/tomcat8/8.0.33

Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /usr/share/tomcat8/8.0.33/temp

Using JRE_HOME:        /usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.8.0_111/jre

Using CLASSPATH:       /usr/share/tomcat8/8.0.33/bin/bootstrap.jar:/usr/share/tomcat8/8.0.33/bin/tomcat-juli.jar

Erreur : impossible de trouver ou charger la classe principale –Dfile.encoding=UTF-8

Using CATALINA_BASE:   /usr/share/tomcat8/8.0.33

Using CATALINA_HOME:   /usr/share/tomcat8/8.0.33

Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /usr/share/tomcat8/8.0.33/temp

Using JRE_HOME:        /usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.8.0_111/jre

Using CLASSPATH:       /usr/share/tomcat8/8.0.33/bin/bootstrap.jar:/usr/share/tomcat8/8.0.33/bin/tomcat-juli.jar

4 REPLIES 4

Check out the following:

• Check if java home and jre path mentioned in step 6,7,8,9,15 and 21 are correct. Many times there are minor mistake like we say

-export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.8.0_45 while your JAVA_HOME path is in export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.8.0_111 .

• Check if JAVA_HOME, JRE_HOME and other Variable like CLASSPATH and are set properly and are pointing to the right location.
  • If you are having multiple Tomcat install please check if CATALINA_BASE is pointing to the right location.
  • And I think –Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 ​is optional, so you can also try ignoring it.

Hello

I adapted the scripts as now the jdk is in 1.8.0._111 (even 0_112 since I dowloaded) on the link you mentionned (and no more 0_45)

JAVA_HOME & JRE_HOME are OK,

what should be CLASSPATh & CATALINA_BASE (I had already tomcat7 installed) ?

Meanwhile I removed the option –Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 and I went further

1/ with the port 443 in the connector I got adress already in used so I moved to 444

j

2/ with 444 I got an error on the keystore (despite I followed step 23)

java.io.IOException: Keystore was tampered with, or password was incorrect

Caused by: java.security.UnrecoverableKeyException: Password verification failed

Thanks.

PS : don't you have already configured Thingworx 7.2 Virtual Machines for Esxi to go faster with this complex installation steps (and which could be incomptaible with some already installed SW ) or shoud  I have to start from a clean Linux (nothing installed except OS)  ?

pjoly
11-Garnet
(To:pjoly)

I restarted  from scratch (new VM with OS without any installations) and it works now

thanks for help

Great!! Good to know.

Top Tags