cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Plot icons in a timeline

emoreira
12-Amethyst

Plot icons in a timeline

Hello All,

I have a use case where I want to display different issues that happened in a machine throughout the day in a timeline to see concentrations of issues of the same type.

Does anyone have an idea of an approach to do it?

Cheers

Ewerton

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
emoreira
12-Amethyst
(To:emoreira)

Hello All,

I was able to get it working!

I only needed to use one data series, which I got from pulling the data from a Value Stream:

There is some configuration on the widget to be done but once I figure it would it was really easy:

Main trick was to change the marker size to control the Icon Size. Its default value is 3 so the icons are tiny.

Then I applied some State Based Formatting:

The result (not final) is something like this:

Every icon in the timeline is a different type of issue

Thanks Carles Coll​ and Bogdan Mihaiciuc​ for the tips.

Cheers

Ewerton

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

You can use a XY or a Label Chart, put on the X axis the hour of the day ( 0..24 ) and on the Y axis the repetition times number.

of course you will need multiple series in order to map different types of issues.

Thanks Carles,

Tried it but I don't seem to be able to make the Icons appear.Tried a state based formatting and the series formatting itself and did not succeed so far.

Also tried the event chart. Still struggling.

Cheers

Ewerton

emoreira
12-Amethyst
(To:emoreira)

Hello All,

I was able to get it working!

I only needed to use one data series, which I got from pulling the data from a Value Stream:

There is some configuration on the widget to be done but once I figure it would it was really easy:

Main trick was to change the marker size to control the Icon Size. Its default value is 3 so the icons are tiny.

Then I applied some State Based Formatting:

The result (not final) is something like this:

Every icon in the timeline is a different type of issue

Thanks Carles Coll​ and Bogdan Mihaiciuc​ for the tips.

Cheers

Ewerton

Top Tags