cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Sending Message/Command/Data To the Connected Client using Thingworx

rtuano
1-Newbie

Sending Message/Command/Data To the Connected Client using Thingworx

Hi Thingworx Community,

I've done  with the client sending data to the Thingworx server however I would like to send either message, command or data to the connected client. May you please help me out what things I should have to do to make it. By the way, I've read an article and it is said that we should use Services on a Thing so have you any idea how to create a simple message to send it to client?  Thank you!!!!

This is my first time asking question here so bear with me. Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

Do you connect to TW through the SDK and/or EDGE Microservers, or are you using "raw" REST API. If you are using the first option then should be easy as you have a websocket connection opened and plenty of out-of-the-box features to send and receive events,services,properties if you are on REST API side better you look if you can go the first option

I'm using Thingworx Java SDK. Do you have a reference on how I can get response from Thingworx platform then send the message, data or  command to connected client?

I know how to get response from websocket node, but I can't figure out how to create a bulk of response, and send it to client using this Thingworx Java SDK. Thank you in advance for helping me.

Hi Ror, here you have full EDGE documentation. And here the full ThingWorx documentation list

Thanks!!

This might help to other "Server to Client Data Transmission" Thinworx Article Hunters.

Digital Media Publisher

Hi Ror,

As you said "you are done with the client sending data to thingworx server" can you help me doing that i want to send json file to thingworx. if video or documentation available please share.

Top Tags