cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

"Import Failed: Whitespace is not permitted in entity names"

mbereket
3-Visitor

"Import Failed: Whitespace is not permitted in entity names"

Hi everyone,

All of a sudden, I started getting this error message. Whenever I want to make changes to my "ThingShape" is gives me this error and doesn't let me save my changes.

I dont use any whitespace at all and I don't think I am getting this error due to an actual whitespace usage, it must be something else.

Does anyone else have the same issue with me?

15 REPLIES 15
mhollenbach
5-Regular Member
(To:mbereket)

Mustafa,

Are you actually doing an import or are you editing a ThingShape? What version of ThingWorx?

Meghan

I am just editing an attribute of a ThingShape. Specifically, my attribute is being logged, and I want to change its Data Change Threshold.

So, it is not an import that I am trying to do. It used to work fine, I have been editing my thingshapes fine, this started happening recently.

mhollenbach
5-Regular Member

What is the basetype of the property and what are you trying to change the threshold to?

basetype is "#Number". I was trying to change the threshold from 0.7 to 0.2, but it doesn't let me do it by giving that whitespace error.

So threshold is still 0.7

mhollenbach
5-Regular Member

I'll try and recreate what you are seeing, but what version of ThingWorx are you using?

Meghan

Oh sorry, ThingWorx 7.1.1.

Thank you so much! that would be great!

Any luck recreating the error?

Hey, I just managed to change the threshold on my ThingShape, no problems. Are you changing the threshold manually, like in the edit property menu? Is this ThingShape defined locally on the ThingWorx Platform or in an extension?

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Hi Mustafa,

It works fine on my local instance running 7.2.3

Could you please attach export of your ThingShape here

Hey Ankit,

This have happened again, for some reason whenever I want to edit a thingshape it gives me this error.
I am working on to export the thingshape for you right now.

So I have the export file but how can I share it with you?

You should be able to attach it to your original post

Can anyone help me with this please, we are having trouble with our customers due to this error.

I attached my thingShape to this message.

mbereket wrote:

Hi everyone,

All of a sudden, I started getting this error message. Whenever I want to make changes to my "ThingShape" is gives me this error and doesn't let me save my changes.

I dont use any whitespace at all and I don't think I am getting this error due to an actual whitespace usage, it must be something else.

mbereket wrote:

Hi everyone,

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

mustafa bereket​, Is it the correct file? In your previous comment you mentioned that "basetype is "#Number". I was trying to change the threshold from 0.7 to 0.2". But I could not find any property with base type number in the attached Thing Shape. I was able to save it successfully.

posipova
20-Turquoise

Clearing out whitespaces in Alerts and further upgrading to 7.2 resolved the issue. Currently whitespaces in columns and entity names might cause inconsistent issues, and for best practices are not recommended to be used.

Top Tags