cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Some Data Tables created through Service are not displaying.

magrawal
1-Newbie

Some Data Tables created through Service are not displaying.

Hello Carles Coll,

I have written a service to create Data Tables dynamically. Service is working fine. Some Data tables created through service are in list of data tables but some are not in list.

I am not getting the reason and where could I see those data tables.

Thanks in advance,

Meenakshi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Various things can happen...

• Visibility --> If you are on Administrator user should not, but otherwise can be a visibility problem ( organizations / visibility )
  • Transactional Problems --> If some of your DataTable creator scripts fail for some reason and throws and uncached exception then you will have a transaction rollback, which can take in effect after a tomcat restart <-- I think that can be your case

Carles.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi,

Various things can happen...

• Visibility --> If you are on Administrator user should not, but otherwise can be a visibility problem ( organizations / visibility )
  • Transactional Problems --> If some of your DataTable creator scripts fail for some reason and throws and uncached exception then you will have a transaction rollback, which can take in effect after a tomcat restart <-- I think that can be your case

Carles.

1) I am an Administrator use.

2) I have restarted tomcat and still data tables are not visible.

Data Tables are created but not in list as I am trying to create dt with the same name it is throwing "entity already exist" exception. So it is cnfirmed that Data tables are created.

2) --> Yes That's what I mean, if you have an unfinished transaction ( becouse of a exception thrown) on tomcat restart DataTables will be rolledback --> DataTables removed .

You should not let throw "Entity already exist" exception on the wild --> I think this is the problem, check first if Entity Exist before trying to recreate it, you can easily do it like:

var myDataTable= Things["myDataTableName"];

if (myDataTable==null) {

// -- you can "safely" create the datatable.

}

Hey Carles Coll

I tried it but still facing the same issue.

where can I find that created data tables as they exist but not in list?

Is there a way so that I can delete them?

Please help.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

If you created ghost entities, you have a tool to remove them on the marketplace: http://marketplace.thingworx.com/Items/Ghost%20Entities%20Cleaner

Thank you so much Carles Coll

my problem got solved.

Top Tags