cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Trouble to embedded Windchill in a Webframe

QuentinR
12-Amethyst

Trouble to embedded Windchill in a Webframe

Hello everyone,

I'm working on an experimental interface to improve Windchill learning. The main idea is to embedded a Windchill in a Mashup to be able to add some instructions over / in parallel of Windhcill and too quickly browse other information in the same interface.

The trouble is that when I use the Webframe Windchill and load it on runtime, I put my credential, I see a white page with "PTC" during 1-2 seconds and then the Webframe is like empty/transparent. I browse in the Community and read that it is not the first time that the url may not be loaded in Webframe. It seems to be a trouble with the source website which can't be loaded in an iframe html markup (or something like this).

So, considering this trouble and as we own Windchill software, does anybody would know how to display a Windchill window in a Mashup? Or any work around?

Thanks you,

Quentin - PTC Learning Consultant

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
QuentinR
12-Amethyst
(To:QuentinR)

Hello everyone,

A colleague helped me on this topic and I successfully displayed Windhcill in a Mashup !

Here after is the solution.

Try to add this to %WT_HOME%/codebase/WEB-INF/web.xml

<filter>

<description>Filter to monitor servlet requests as a whole; should always be first in filter list</description>

<filter-name>ServletRequestMonitor</filter-name>

<filter-class>wt.servlet.ServletRequestMonitorFilter</filter-class>

<!-- Initialization parameters for ServletRequestMonitor; must be writable JMX attributes of ServletRequestMonitorMBean -->

<!-- Note: these settings will normally be overwritten by MBeanLoader injection after initial MBeanLoader save -->

<init-param>

<param-name>MaxAverageActiveRequestsThreshold</param-name>

<param-value>45</param-value>

</init-param>

<init-param>

<param-name>AddXFrameOptionsResponseHeader</param-name>

<param-value>false</param-value>

</init-param>

<init-param>

<param-name>RequestTimeWarnThreshold</param-name>

<param-value>8.0</param-value>

</init-param>

</filter>

In Yellow is the text to add.

Quentin

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

If you have the client side developer window up, you can see some of the calls that are happening and possibly errors.

Most likely you are running into Cross Reference/Click Jack blocking.

I believe this is something you can disable at your own risk within Tomcat, not sure if Windchill has a setting for it.

QuentinR
12-Amethyst
(To:PaiChung)

Thanks you Pai.

I would say it's a first step. I'm not that much confident with the technical aspect and Tomcat configuration. I'll go deeper and keep y'all in touch.

QuentinR
12-Amethyst

I don't know if it may help but I noticed this in the developper tool of Chrome:

27-09-2016 15-20-41.jpg

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

That's I believe is click jack prevention.

You can disable that Tomcat, I think it has to be done in the Windchill Tomcat server.

QuentinR
12-Amethyst

Hello everyone,

A colleague helped me on this topic and I successfully displayed Windhcill in a Mashup !

Here after is the solution.

Try to add this to %WT_HOME%/codebase/WEB-INF/web.xml

<filter>

<description>Filter to monitor servlet requests as a whole; should always be first in filter list</description>

<filter-name>ServletRequestMonitor</filter-name>

<filter-class>wt.servlet.ServletRequestMonitorFilter</filter-class>

<!-- Initialization parameters for ServletRequestMonitor; must be writable JMX attributes of ServletRequestMonitorMBean -->

<!-- Note: these settings will normally be overwritten by MBeanLoader injection after initial MBeanLoader save -->

<init-param>

<param-name>MaxAverageActiveRequestsThreshold</param-name>

<param-value>45</param-value>

</init-param>

<init-param>

<param-name>AddXFrameOptionsResponseHeader</param-name>

<param-value>false</param-value>

</init-param>

<init-param>

<param-name>RequestTimeWarnThreshold</param-name>

<param-value>8.0</param-value>

</init-param>