cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Reset Password Button

pbaierl
1-Newbie

Reset Password Button

I just added the password reset button on the organization login.  I verified that my email server works correctly on it's own.  However, when pressing the reset password button I get the message:

Internal Error - unable to send email

Any thoughts on what I could be missing?  I made sure that the user name, first name, last name, and email address are being entered correctly.

Thanks,

Paul

7 REPLIES 7
ttielebein
12-Amethyst
(To:pbaierl)

Is that error appearing on the mashup? Can you see if there are any more detailed errors in the logs?

Here is what I was able to find after a lot a digging.   It looks as though it's failing to confirm the credentials.

I did double check I was entering the information correctly.  I actually copied/pasted values into to box.

I found the following when checking the security logs:

ttielebein
12-Amethyst

This seems to be somewhat complicated. You may want to open a support case for this

ok thanks Tori

posipova
20-Turquoise

The error “Unable to Send Message: 501 5.1.8 Bad address syntax” points at

https://www.howtoforge.com/community/threads/smtp-server-response-bad-recipient-address-syntax-state-14.34405/

On the mail server end, all incoming messages need to be enabled.

Thanks for your help Polina.  I will have this looked on our mail server.

Top Tags