cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Can I manually select the language?

fmanniti
9-Granite

Can I manually select the language?

Is it possible to manually select language from Mashup?
I would like to put a dropdown menu where the user can chose the language. Is it possible? Because in the services I see "GetCurrentUserLanguage" but not a service to set the language

5 REPLIES 5

Hello,

This is definitely possible. Check out this KCS Article on how to do this. Let me know if you have any further questions or comments on this.

Hope this helps!

Tori

I have actually tried but it doesn't work.

I did exactly what the article says, but I don't see any language changing.

I also insert a lable binded with User.language, so I'm supposed to see it changing when I select a different row from the list, but it doesn't.

Aanjan
9-Granite
(To:fmanniti)

Fabio, you need a 'hard' browser refresh for the changes to take place. Try using a 'Validator' widget with the 'Expression' set to location.reload();

You can bind your event (something like ServiceInvokeComplete or a button click) to this widget's 'Evaluate' flag.So every time this is evaluated, it will reload the entire page. Please note that if you set this to Auto Evaluate, it will constantly evaluate upon Mashup load (and then keep reloading the Mashup because that's what we've set this to).

Hello, is there any plan to include this functionality as a button in Remote Access and Control Utilities? We don't want to update the standards mashup, but a drop down over the Login (like on other major sites)...

Top Tags