cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Remote ValueStreams

egolindano
7-Bedrock

Remote ValueStreams

Hi. Im trying to log some properties from Remote Things. But every time I run my  application, It triggers the error on the next image.

Does anyone know how to solve this error? how to log these properties to show them later in my application?  Thank you for your time

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:egolindano)

You want to map to a RemoteThing and bind/Map the properties.

The properties of the RemoteThing you then set to Logged

Now to the RemoteThing or its Template you can assign a regular ValueStream (data stored in local Thingworx server) or RemoteValueStream (data stored in a different Thingworx server)

You may be misunderstanding the meaning/use of a RemoteValueStream

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:egolindano)

You want to map to a RemoteThing and bind/Map the properties.

The properties of the RemoteThing you then set to Logged

Now to the RemoteThing or its Template you can assign a regular ValueStream (data stored in local Thingworx server) or RemoteValueStream (data stored in a different Thingworx server)

You may be misunderstanding the meaning/use of a RemoteValueStream

Oh, so, you mean there is no need to use a remote value stream to log remote properties?

Eddison, as long as you have a ValueStream attached to your Thing, and the 'logged' flag is enabled/ checked on your properties, you should be good to go.

Thank You, Aanjan and Pai. This is actually strange since in the first moment  I used a regular ValueStream but It wasn't working.

Top Tags