cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

H2 database performance limitations?

jliu-41
1-Newbie

H2 database performance limitations?

Hi guys,

Does anyone know what is the limitation of the H2 database? Like if it will start to have performance issue when the data storage is greater than 500 GB for example?

Additionally, is there any concern for using H2 for Model Storage and DSE for data storage in the production environment for 500+ connected devices and 1TB+ data storage?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dupatel
19-Tanzanite
(To:jliu-41)

H2 is a lightweight database. As so it does have limitations. I believe limit of 2^64 rows per table is a hard limit.

I would recommend you to check out H2 Database site for exact details and benchmark test result shared to get better insights.

http://www.h2database.com/html/performance.html

For production instance, it is recommended to use PostgreSQL.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
dupatel
19-Tanzanite
(To:jliu-41)

H2 is a lightweight database. As so it does have limitations. I believe limit of 2^64 rows per table is a hard limit.

I would recommend you to check out H2 Database site for exact details and benchmark test result shared to get better insights.

http://www.h2database.com/html/performance.html

For production instance, it is recommended to use PostgreSQL.

Hi Durgresh,

Thanks for the response. From the H2 performance comparison chart, the performance may not be the biggest concern, compared to PostgreSQL. I agreed that PostgreSQL may be a better option for the production environment for the model storage due to its scalability and high-availability feature, as the embedded H2 doesn't support the clustering, and use DSE for the data storage.

Top Tags