cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

How can I control another button to file upload instead of upload button in file upload widget?

yonkim
9-Granite

How can I control another button to file upload instead of upload button in file upload widget?

Now I am trying to find a way upload file when user click another button.

Could you give me the way?

7 REPLIES 7
ttielebein
12-Amethyst
(To:yonkim)

You could always import the service on the file repository to which you are uploading manually in the services tab like:

Then bind the button on-click event to this service:

Hope this helps!

Tori.. Thanks for your quick answer.

Could you more guide for file upload.

now I want to upload file through another button click event.

ttielebein
12-Amethyst

You wouldn't be able to use the File Upload widget and the method I described. The method I described would be an alternative. the File Upload widget has an upload button already on it.

This is because I want to upload the file while saving other information.

Can I upload my local desktop file via load text Service?

ttielebein
12-Amethyst

Wait, the file upload widget has an event called "Upload Complete". If you trigger a service to save other information when this event fires, then you can do both while still using the OOTB file upload widget, which is way simpler than what I was suggesting.

In order to avoid the problem of Mashup users uploading files without registering required information, I want to find a way to upload files when I input and save information through specific button.

Is there a way to apply these scenarios?

In addition, the file can not be uploaded via load text. I would appreciate any more guidance. could you share these entities?

ttielebein
12-Amethyst

I don't think there is any other way to do it. You would have to copy the source code for the file upload widget and build something custom. See the ThingWorx Extension Development Guide for more info on building custom widgets

Top Tags