cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Active Organization

pbaierl
1-Newbie

Active Organization

Is there a way to determine which organization (FormLogin Screen) was used to login to the mashups/application?

I have a few mashups that are common across all our customers.  I am using a value display to change the logo shown on these screens.  However, I am having a hard time finding a way to track which organization was used to login.  I would like to try and determine the active organization without looking at the current user.  The reason is that my login (for example) will have access to multiple organizations since I will be the over all administrator/developer.

Thanks,

Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

On our solution the managers ( multi-tenancy) select the customer by a customer selector not by the FormLogin. The Customer has only one organization, then it has on it's user preferences the default user.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Paul,

I suppose you are building a multi-tenancy solution, if that's the case it's the same for us. I have always a parameter on the mashups which indicates the current Organization ( aka customer )

Carles.

Thanks Carles,

Yes, I am creating a multi-tenancy solution.  I know that I could create a value to track the current organization once I know it.  I am a bit confused as to how I can tell which FormLogin/organization was used to reach the first mashup.  The three organizations I have setup currently all jump to the same home mashup. 

I could create a custom HOME mashup for each organization.  When this unique mashup (in name only) is reached I would set the active organization, but I was hoping not to have to do this. 

So my question is:  Is it possible to determine which FormLogin/organization screen was used by a user to login?

It would be great if this was part of the User Extension information (active user organization).

Thanks,

Paul

On our solution the managers ( multi-tenancy) select the customer by a customer selector not by the FormLogin. The Customer has only one organization, then it has on it's user preferences the default user.

Thanks Carles,

This was what I was thinking I had to do but just wanted to confirm there wasn't really a way to do exactly what I was looking for.

Top Tags