cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Error in Kepware IOT gateway & Thingworx Integration

spatel-21
1-Newbie

Error in Kepware IOT gateway & Thingworx Integration

Dear community members,

We are working on integration of Kepware and Thingworx using IoT Gateway plugin.

On Kepware IoT Gateway side status shows connected to the Thing, but in Thingworx, in remote things tab, We are unable to see any active remote thing.

Thinworx and Kepware IOT.jpg

IMAGE$6F71588DF964D2B6.jpg

8 REPLIES 8

Can you find the remote thing within Composer? What value does the isConnected property have?

Hi Tori,

No, I'm unable to find remote thing in composer. The 2nd image is the screenshot of composer.

- Siddharth

No, I mean, if you go to ThingWorx Composer's home screen (http://server:port/Thingworx/Compose/index.html) and type the name of the remote thing in the Spotlight search field, do you find an entity? Remote things need to be created on the Platform in order for you to see them, usually. I don't know that much about Kepware. Maybe it was supposed to import entities and it didn't? Maybe you don't need one to exist on the Platform for Kepware?

Yes I have created a remote thing and it is visible in spotlight search. However we need to bind this remote thing with once the 'thing' in the 'unbound thing' list. Since that list is empty, I'm unable to bind it.

cc11
1-Newbie
(To:spatel-21)

Hello,

I am experiencing the same problem. I guess you can even ommit the IoT Gateway, since the ThingWorx native client interface provides a direct connection to the ThingWorx Platform. I tried to connect to ThingWorx via KEPServerEX directly, but have the same effect: the remote thing does not show up in the unbound things list. I even used the KEPServerEX Remote-Thing-Template to model the thing. The connection log says:

ThingWorx Diagnostics         2016-11-25 20:32:14,953 twWs_Connect: Websocket connected!

ThingWorx Native Interface    Connected to ThingWorx. | Plattform: xxx.cloud.thingworx.com:443/Thingworx/WS, Thing-Name: 'KEPServerEX'.

Can someone help in analyzing this problem?

Thanks,

Christian

tlalime-2
1-Newbie
(To:cc11)

Hi Christian,

Have you already created a RemoteThing with the name "KEPServerEX"? If so, KEPServer should bind automatically to that thing (that thing's 'isConnected' property will be true) and KEPServer won't show up in the unbound things list.

Only if there is no Thing on the platform matching KEPServer's configured thing name will you see it in the unbound thing list.

-Tyler

cc11
1-Newbie
(To:tlalime-2)

Hi Tyler,

Yes, I did model a Thing called KEPServerEX using the KEPServerEX Remote-Thing-Template. But no binding takes place. The 'isConnected' property stays false and the unbound thing list is empty, although the connection log says:

ThingWorx Diagnostics         2016-11-25 20:32:14,953 twWs_Connect: Websocket connected!

ThingWorx Native Interface    Connected to ThingWorx. | Plattform: xxx.cloud.thingworx.com:443/Thingworx/WS, Thing-Name: 'KEPServerEX'.

Best reagrds,

Christian

mattroy
5-Regular Member
(To:cc11)

Hello Christian,

From the information you provided, it sounds like everything should be working properly.  I think the best path would be to contact us at technical.support@kepware.com so we can set up a remote session and take a look at your setup.

Thanks,

Matt

Top Tags