cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Ignore some data samples for Alert

emoreira
12-Amethyst

Ignore some data samples for Alert

Hello All,

I am creating an application where I monitor a Current data stream and in my case in the begging of the process the property has an overshoot that should not be considered (in Red):

I thought about doing a condition with the orange line ( if >7 then Alert). I know I could create a flag and set it but I'm curious to know if there is something that could be done using the Alerts capability.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Ewerton

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
emoreira
12-Amethyst
(To:emoreira)

I just tested it and it works!

I subscribed to the property and added this code:

var params = {

persistent: undefined /* BOOLEAN */

};

(eventData.newValue.value <15.0 || eventData.newValue.value > 490.0)? me.DisableAllAlerts(params):me.EnableAllAlerts(params)

Any other feedback is appreciated!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Sorry, I am confused. You want an alert to fire when what happens exactly?

I want the alert to fire when the reading exceeds the limits but not in the begging in the process because it is known that this overshoot makes the property to go over the limit and it is not a problem.

Cheers

Ewerton

You should be able to just add an alert to an integer or number property. Alerts do allow you to set a threshold, if that is what you need. Just go to the property in question, edit it, click "Manage Alerts" and then select "Above" as the type of the alert and enter the threshold in the "Limit" box.

sharmon
12-Amethyst
(To:ttielebein)

To account for the overshoot, I'd test for conditions that indicated the device was in "startup" mode in the subscription for the "out of range" alert. IOW, in either the subscription, or the service the subscription runs, the first test would be"

if (conditions that indicate I'm in startup) {

no op, log entry, etc.

} else {

raise a notification

}

You may have to be clever to make that determination - I don't know which properties are available to you.

emoreira
12-Amethyst
(To:sharmon)

Thanks Stephen.

This was my initial approach (use subscription instead of using the Alerts capability).

One thing that just occurred when me I was replying your message    is that I can create a subscription that monitors one of the variables and add  in the condition:

1. if (conditions that indicate I'm in startup) { 
  2.   me.DisableAllAlerts
  3. } else
  4.   me.EnableAllAlerts
  5. }

In this way I can use the OOTB alerts feature.

Cheers

Ewerton

emoreira
12-Amethyst
(To:emoreira)

I just tested it and it works!

I subscribed to the property and added this code:

var params = {

persistent: undefined /* BOOLEAN */

};

(eventData.newValue.value <15.0 || eventData.newValue.value > 490.0)? me.DisableAllAlerts(params):me.EnableAllAlerts(params)

Any other feedback is appreciated!

Top Tags