cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

RemoteVendingMachines thing not connected

rtaylor-3
1-Newbie

RemoteVendingMachines thing not connected

Greetings,

I'm working through PTCU Thingworx training and on Connecting to External Data Sources with Thingworx 6.5 (Part 3 Introduction to Thingworx6.5).

I have the Remote Vending Machine Simulator running.

My Thingworx is running on 10.0.0.20:8081.

I've edited the TrainingConfig.json to point to my Thingworx instance.

When i create the RemoteVendingMachines thing and go to Manage Bindings and click the Remote tab and i get the following message:

"Error browsing properties. Be sure the remote device/server is connected and configured properly"

The Remote Vending Machine Simulator logs indicate that the RemoteVendingMachines thing is connected.

1:23:47.944 [Client-EndpointMonitor-1] DEBUG c.t.c.c.e.CommunicationEndpoint - Sending synchronous message, waiting for response [message: BindRequestMessage [requestId: 2, method

BINDREQUEST, names: [EP_0, RemoteVendingMachines, EP_0]]]

1:23:47.946 [NettyClient-NIO-1] DEBUG i.n.h.c.h.w.WebSocket08FrameEncoder - Encoding WebSocket Frame opCode=2 length=66

1:23:47.950 [NettyClient-NIO-1] DEBUG i.n.h.c.h.w.WebSocket08FrameDecoder - Decoding WebSocket Frame opCode=2

1:23:47.950 [NettyClient-NIO-1] DEBUG i.n.h.c.h.w.WebSocket08FrameDecoder - Decoding WebSocket Frame length=17

1:23:47.951 [NettyClient-NIO-1] DEBUG c.t.c.c.e.DispatchingClientEndpoint - RESPONSE received [endpoint id: 0, duration: 6] ResponseMessage [requestId: 2, endpointId: -1, sessionI

: -1, code: STATUS_SUCCESS, multipart: false, packet #: 0, total packets: 0]

However, i see the following in the log files:

11:23:48.954 [ClientProcessor-1] DEBUG c.t.c.c.e.CommunicationEndpoint - Sending synchronous message, waiting for response [message: APIRequestMessage [requestId: 3, endpointId: 0,

sessionId: 2, method: POST, entityName: EP_0, characteristic: Services, target: GetPropertySubscriptions]]

11:23:48.954 [NettyClient-NIO-1] DEBUG c.t.c.c.e.DispatchingClientEndpoint - API REQUEST received [endpoint id: 0] APIRequestMessage [requestId: 3, endpointId: -1, sessionId: -1, m

ethod: POST, entityName: RemoteVendingMachines, characteristic: Unknown, target: ]

It's as if the simulator can't connect to RemoteVendingMachines thing.

Not sure why.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

I have seen this issue once when I did the tutorial. For me the issue was that my remote thing was not called RemoteVendingMachines exactly as it is printed. I left off the 's'. The simulator is hard-coded with that name for the remote thing, so any other name will not show the remote properties. So start by verifying that the name of the remote thing is spelled exactly right.

If that is not the issue, we'll have to take a closer look.

-Tori

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hello,

I have seen this issue once when I did the tutorial. For me the issue was that my remote thing was not called RemoteVendingMachines exactly as it is printed. I left off the 's'. The simulator is hard-coded with that name for the remote thing, so any other name will not show the remote properties. So start by verifying that the name of the remote thing is spelled exactly right.

If that is not the issue, we'll have to take a closer look.

-Tori

Yep....i did the same thing at first, then corrected the name. No difference in behaavior...however, this morning, bounced my tomcat instance and the error is no longer there and i can see the list of remove properties.

Thanks

Ok, well that is odd, but at least it is working now!

I had the same problem. I restarted tomcat too and it works. It's odd, if anyone has an explanation, I guess would be helpful. Even if things works, I guess it's important to know why

Thank you. This saved me a lot of time.

I have a similar problem which I still didn't figure out:

10:40:27.989 [NettyClient-NIO-2] DEBUG c.t.c.c.e.DispatchingClientEndpoint - API REQUEST received [endpoint id: 1] APIRequestMessage [requestId: 1821, endpointId: -1, sessionId: -1, method: POST, entityName: *SN0001, characteristic: Unknown, target: ]

and I have posted console output in ThingWorx Community Sending data to the ThingWorx Server from Java Edge SDK is not working.

Can you please tell me how to solve this problem?

Top Tags