cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Where is the performance bottleneck in Connection Server?

mren
1-Newbie

Where is the performance bottleneck in Connection Server?

Lots of edge devices update a temperature property to ThingWorx platform via Connection Sever(s) every 5 secs. When I use one Connection Server, ThingWorx platform can process 3k value steams per sec, and the increment of the value streams processing per sec is about 2-3k:

#

Condition

Value Stream processing per sec

Connection Server

ThingWorx Platfrom

max CPU

(%)

network i/o recv(MB/s)

disk I/O write

(MB/s)

max CPU

(%)

network i/o recv(MB/s)

disk I/O write

(MB/s)

2 CxS +

1 TWX

3 CxS +

TWX

1. 5.5

4CxS +

TWX

As you've seen above, the performance utilization of Connection Server hasn't been reached to the bottleneck. Where should be the performance bottleneck in Connection Server?

Thanks,

Ren

2 REPLIES 2
ttielebein
12-Amethyst
(To:mren)

What exactly are you saying is the problem?

I'm sorry that I didn't describe it exactly.

To connect more edge devices and accept their properties updating requests, we have to use more connection server. My question is, why I have to add another connection server to perform more things' connections/value streams, but the connection server we are using hasn't reach the bottom of the hardware(CPU, memory, etc) utilization? As the table described, the connection server's CPU max utilization is about 50%-60%(transient peak), average utilization is about 30%, and the bandwidth of network/disk can be ignored.

Thanks for your reply.

Top Tags