cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Can I create a QR Code on ThingWorx and send it by Link to a device?

pascal_kardex
1-Newbie

Can I create a QR Code on ThingWorx and send it by Link to a device?

Hi all, I have a question regarding the QR Code Extension functionality of ThingWorx.

As a PoC, can I generate a QR code on the platform and access it by a Link?

Is there a documentation for this?

Regards,

Pascal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:supandey)

Thanks Pascal for clarifying. I can't see why this can't be done with ThingWorx, of course I am not aware what peripheral requirements you may have around this idea (which may/may not affect the implementation) but from the above description it appears doable. Are you looking for this proof of concept to be done from PTC GS for you? Or you planning on implementing this yourself?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Pascal, do i get it right that you want to generate the QR Code using the GenerateQRCode service and want to get access that generated image using Link widget? I can think of option where you could store those generated images to a DataTable and using unique id they could be referenced by Link widget. Would that help? I haven't played around much with this extension yet.

supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:supandey)

Thanks Pascal for clarifying. I can't see why this can't be done with ThingWorx, of course I am not aware what peripheral requirements you may have around this idea (which may/may not affect the implementation) but from the above description it appears doable. Are you looking for this proof of concept to be done from PTC GS for you? Or you planning on implementing this yourself?

Top Tags