cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

AssignNewPassword() needs Security Permissions

ashleyg
1-Newbie

AssignNewPassword() needs Security Permissions

Hi All,

I am wanting to assign a new password programmatically (after a User has been created programmatically in the same service).

I have been able to implement this and after testing this works.

However I can only test this as an Administrator User. When testing this as a "Standard" User, who has no ThingWorx Administrator Permissions, on a Mashup login form I have created, the error I get states that this Function can only be performed by an Administrator or Security Administrator, is there a workaround for this so that I can give permissions to "Standard" Users to be able to Assign New Passwords for Users they have Visibility and Runtime Permissions for?

Many Thanks

Ashley

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ttielebein
12-Amethyst
(To:ashleyg)

I would use the SecurityAdministratorsGroup for the function described here. It is a severely limited administrative group. Read more in the Help Center. There would be no harm in adding your "standard" users to this group, really.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ttielebein
12-Amethyst

I would use the SecurityAdministratorsGroup for the function described here. It is a severely limited administrative group. Read more in the Help Center. There would be no harm in adding your "standard" users to this group, really.

Many thanks for your input Tori, this is most helpful!

Thanks

Ashley

ttielebein
12-Amethyst

Any time!

Top Tags