cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Alerts stay active after removal

ehalvordsson
12-Amethyst

Alerts stay active after removal

We have made some changes to alerts on property values. Some of the alerts remain active although they were removed from the system and we are having difficulties to remove them from the system. Did anyone else see this problem? Any idea is welcome

Thanks Erik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If the alert is acknowledged (and has been disabled/ removed from the property), it shouldn't impact anything else. It will still show up in the Alert Summary page as it shows historical data (same as Alert History) and there is no way to purge the Alert Summary at the moment (because the data displayed is an from in-memory and not from the database). On the flip side, Alert History is saved on a Stream, so that can be purged.

In any case, I have an enhancement ticket filed with the devs on purging the entries (and purging non-existent Alerts) from the Alert Summary table. I'll keep the thread posted on any updates.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:ehalvordsson)

Hi Erik Halvordsson​, By removed; do you mean deleted or disabled? Is there any error in logs.

I would suggest you to restart your application once to see if it helps. Also, try clearing your browser cache.

Hi Ankit,

Thanks for the quick reply. We used to have an Alert on a property and it was named Over40.

After deleting the alert from the property we still see the Over40 alert when we run GetAlertSummary.

Erik, was this Alert acknowledged? If you go to Monitoring -> Alert Summary, do you still see that there?

Hi Aanjan,

Yes the alert was acknowledged so the status is acknowledged and active, but the alert has been removed from the property..

// Erik

We will do a restart tomorrow and see if it disappears then.

If the alert is acknowledged (and has been disabled/ removed from the property), it shouldn't impact anything else. It will still show up in the Alert Summary page as it shows historical data (same as Alert History) and there is no way to purge the Alert Summary at the moment (because the data displayed is an from in-memory and not from the database). On the flip side, Alert History is saved on a Stream, so that can be purged.

In any case, I have an enhancement ticket filed with the devs on purging the entries (and purging non-existent Alerts) from the Alert Summary table. I'll keep the thread posted on any updates.

Hi Aanjan Ravi​, any updates? Other customers seem to have the same problems.

Pascal, just to check, what version of ThingWorx are you using? I see that one of the associated enhancements on how Alerts functions has been fixed on 7.3.0. I'll confirm with the local team and update the thread.

It has been fixed on 7.3.0. You can use 'AcknowledgeAlertFromSummary' to acknowledge and 'DeleteAlertFromSummary' to delete specific Alerts respectively.

Great thanks Aanjan,

We did a purge on the stream and then restarted the system. After that, the "ghost" alerts are gone.

Many thanks

Best regards

Erik

Hi Erik Halvordsson​, we had the exact same problem. If it happens again, can you please check if you could open the Thing that was alerted in the composer? We coudn't, only a restart did the job (which is highly inconvenient).

Hi all, I'm also experiencing this problem, namely with GetAlertSummary() service.

I still don't understand why this is happening?! I rely on the fact that I can dynamically create and edit alerts (handling a large number of machine alarms).

The workaround I came up with was to call the service again and then re-create "stuck" alerts as per resultant infotable.

However, this is highly inconvenient. A number of rows of the resultant infotable supposed to represent an accurate number of active alerts.

Was there any follow-up on this matter? Thanks.

Top Tags