cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Adding widgets into Data grid.

TanmeyTWX
17-Peridot

Adding widgets into Data grid.

Hi,

Can we use CheckBox,Textbox and Date-time picker in the rows of Data grid? if yes,how?

Making grid Editable will give you an option like Textbox ONLY. How about other widgets?

9 REPLIES 9

You should use a Repeater in order to use "rich" widgets onto a grid.

Hi Carles, Repeater can be used for repeated values row/column wise but it's not that case in my requirement.I have something like below.

1.JPG

I need to Enter "Text", Select "Date" and select "CheckBox" in same grid.

Now,tell me what could be the best way to achieve it.

Why not with the repeater? you can set a row mashup which as the columns you want with the desired widgets ( Text, Date and checkbox ).

Repeater can be applied if we need to display same type of data and widgets in every row. But I want to display rows with different widgets in it.

1.JPG

That's not a problem either with the repeater ( yo can have a different Mashup for each row ), a sample from hour platform

Captura de pantalla 2016-12-16 12.27.26.png

okay. Then how to map multiple Mashups to single repeater. Can you please share steps to do that?

You need a small trick   You need to create a Row Mashup which it's a container for an inner custom mashup, then you just need to receive the mashup name as a parameter of the repeater and here you go.

Hi Carles,

I used Repeater to display dynamically generated widget.

I have one column which may change its datatype frequently on the basis of datatype provided from backend.

for example: I load mashup and I get String Textbox in first row. 2nd row may have checkbox and 3rd may have RadioButton..

So, I created a service which will check the datatype of column of datatable coming from backend and will make visibility true of either of three widgets on the repeater base mashup.

But I'm getting an error where,I have got textbox column but not the other 3 label columns.

Hi Tarum,

I don't understand your configuration to point to the right direction I'm sorry.

Carles.

Top Tags