cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

DataConnect payload for creation of dataset from thingworx

sreddy-41
1-Newbie

DataConnect payload for creation of dataset from thingworx

Hi Team,

I have just started working with thingworx analytics with thingworx platform, currently i am trying to create analytics definition and executing it in order to create dataset with data in thingworx analytics. The moment i execute the definition i see that the required artifacts are created in System Repository and the request is going to DataConnect server aswell, but the service request fails with error 'primaryKey is required'​ (logs in dataconnect server), i investigated further and found that the primaryKey definition is not being sent in the REST request payload (payload.JSON), but as per the data connect api documents primayKey details are mandatory in request JSON. for some reason thingworx is not adding required JSON fields in the request playload to dataconnect, Pleas advice.

below are few basic things that i have already took care of

1. DataShape used in analytics definition has field marked as primary key

2. data is being retrieved appropriately (time series data)

3. Dataconnect server configuration is done properly in platform sub system.

environment details

Thingworx Platform : 7.2.3-b48

Thanks and Regards,

Siva

1 REPLY 1
mchehaibi
5-Regular Member
(To:sreddy-41)

Hi Siva,

Could you please provide the syntax of your REST request Payload ?

Also while creating the Analytics definitions please make sure to avoid spaces in the fields names as this a ThingWorx constraint.

Best Regards,

Amine

Top Tags