cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

How to set properties values using an editable grid ?

pjoly
11-Garnet

How to set properties values using an editable grid ?

hello

I'm using a grid with some editable columns .

This grid is presenting some properties of a Thing.

Which service to use to update the thing when a new value of the property is input in the grid table ?

I tried a button to call "SetPropertyValues" but it seems applicable to only a property, not a table ?

I have seen a demo on YouTube but it is using a service AddOrUpdataDataTableEntry which is not available for my Thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FISQHoNV6qo

Is there a way  to do that from aThing properties ?

Thanks a lot

Regards

6 REPLIES 6
ttielebein
12-Amethyst
(To:pjoly)

Maybe there is an easier way, but you could just send the full infotable to a service and then parse it out and update the property that way. Hope this helps!

ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:pjoly)

Hi pjoly​,

AddOrUpdataDataTableEntry Service is part of a DataTable Thing Entity. So, if you are using a DataTable Thing then you will see this service.

For your case; you can create your own custom service which will take input as infotable and update the infotable property in the Thing.

Then use this service in your Mashup to pass the updated data.

I hope it helps.

Thanks,

Ankit Gupta

pjoly
11-Garnet
(To:ankigupta)

Thanks

I understood.

My problem is that I have created separated properties for the thing (one for each data to display or modify)

So I  have to  create a DataTable  with these datas inside (instead of having them one by one and using "all data" to fill the grid) ?

And after put this Datatable as prpoerty of the thing ?

Regards

Pascal

I am not sure how are you getting properties of a a single thing into grid!. are you using a custom service to combined all the properties of that thing and return as an infotable?

Hello

No I was just using GetProperties on a grid for a thing.

Anyway I have separated properties into different items (numeric entry, text entry , etc ...) instead of using a grid for all properties

Thanks

OK great. I did a similar implementation, just wanted to know where were u exactly. It's good if your new implementation works

Top Tags