cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Limits of File Repository

magrawal
1-Newbie

Limits of File Repository

Hi folks,

I am using File Repository as a buffer to store payloads received through REST Call and after that I am processing those payloads sequentially in every 5 second.
Before going ahead I want to confirm size limitation of File Repository. Is there any fail point on using File Repository as buffer.
Any suggessions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

4 REPLIES 4
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:magrawal)

I don't believe FileRepository size has a limitation. It resides on the Server's drive. So that would be the main limitation.

If you are using it to stage files for processing, I do recommend SSDs and a way to purge the files and monitor disk space.

Thanks Pai Chung​,

I do recommend SSDs and a way to purge the files and monitor disk space. - We have cloud instance hosted by ptc, Can you please explain how can I monitor disk space and use SSDs or ptc will need to maintain this?

Also, With each processing I am deleting files from file repository. I am accessing files through timer with the interval of 5 second.

Meenakshi

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:magrawal)

I do believe Cloud Services utilizes SSDs, I recommend you check with them.

Is there a way to know the Storage capacity left ... I'm not sure. I would talk to Cloud Services about this as well to see what options exist for this.

Hi Pai Chung​,

Thanks for reply!

Is there a way to know the Storage capacity left ... I'm not sure. I would talk to Cloud Services about this as well to see what options exist for this. - Thanks, Also Please let me know if you need any additional details.

Meenakshi

Top Tags