cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

How to show the SQL query result in LED display or Value display widget?

gvignesh
1-Newbie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:gvignesh)

Hi Guru Vignesh​,

I just checked it on my local instance and it seems that the default output of Sql query is an infotable.

Try following:

In the service; set the Max rows as 1 and set the output type as infotable. Create a DataShape for the infotable output and set it in the Output.

In the mashup keep everything same. But you would need to rebind the data.

Its working on my instance.

Do let me know in case you face any issue.

Thanks,

Ankit Gupta

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Either return the full infotable and grab the value by expanding Data and then dragging the correct field to the Widget

or wrap the SQL service call with another service that grabs just the value you need (sqlqueryresult.valueiwant) and returns that as a number.

Hi Chung, I have tried the first method and i am not able to bind the data from sql service to LED widget. Is there any other way to bind the data from sql service.

Please share some reference or documentation if any.

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Hi Guru Vignesh​, What issue are you facing while binding the output data from Sql query service to LED Display. Can you please share more details.

If the output of your Sql query is integer/number you should be able to directly bind your data to LED Display.

If you are receiving data as Infotable; either create a new sql query to pull just the single integer/number or create a java service to filter data from the sql query to get single integer/number. Then you can use this output to bind to bind to LED Display/ value Display widget.

Also, make sure you check the "mashup Loaded?" to call the service on mashup load or use some other way to call the service in the Mashup.

I hope it helps.

Thanks,

Ankit Gupta

Hi Ankit Gupta, I have tried defining the query output as an Integer/Number. I am able to bind the result of query to an LED display but when i go to runtime the widget isn't showing any values. Highlighted with black box in the attached image.

I am calling the service when mashup is loaded.Runtime.pngMashup Mapping.pngQuery Result.png

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Hi Guru Vignesh​,

I just checked it on my local instance and it seems that the default output of Sql query is an infotable.

Try following:

In the service; set the Max rows as 1 and set the output type as infotable. Create a DataShape for the infotable output and set it in the Output.

In the mashup keep everything same. But you would need to rebind the data.

Its working on my instance.

Do let me know in case you face any issue.

Thanks,

Ankit Gupta

Thanks for your support Ankit, Its working now.

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Hi Guru Vignesh​, Great! Could you please mark the answer as correct so that this Thread is closed and other member know that this Thread has a Solution.

Am also facing the same issue. But while trying to create datashape for the executed query, getting an error as

save failed, status: Internal Server Error message: Import Failed: A Valid Name Must Be Provided

ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:bmarimuthu-2)

Bavithraa Marimuthu​, Are you providing any name to the Datashape. Try without spaces and special characters.

Or are you getting this error on clicking the button - 'create datashape from result'?

yeah!! I am getting this error on clicking the button - 'create datashape from result'

ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:bmarimuthu-2)

Bavithraa Marimuthu​, Are you receiving any related error in Application logs. Are you using Administrator user to create datashape from result.

Does the result column has any special character?

I tried displaying my result using SQL Alias. Now it works fine.

Thanks Ankit!!

Top Tags