cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Can we create repository within repository?

ahanchat
7-Bedrock

Can we create repository within repository?

Hi,

I have a requirement to create a base folder (repository) in SystemRepository.

And create a repositories in base folder (repository).

Is it possible? if yes how can it be done.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Anirudha

6 REPLIES 6
ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:ahanchat)

Hi Anirudha Hanchate​,

SystemRepository is a FileRepository and all FileRepository have \ThingworxStorage\repository as default parent directory. I din't find any option in the composer to configure this path for a particular FileRepository.

But you can create folder(s) in SystemRepository if it helps in your requirement.

Hi Ankit,

Yeah we can create sub folders but we cannot set permissions on the sub-folder.

Hence it doesn't satisfy my requirement.

Thanks for your help

Regards

Anirudha

emoreira
12-Amethyst
(To:ahanchat)

Could you set the permission to the services that access the repository? In this way even tough the user might have access to the repository you block him from accessing by not allowing him to use the services.

Maybe creating a helper thing that will have the services.

Cheers

Ewerton

You can create other repositories if you want, I don't know if it fits your requirements.

On the other case, we have a similar situation and we use subfolders ( automatically created ) for each thing of our customer, and each customer has it's own repository, we wrapped almost all services to access to Thing's Folder, and mostly you can control everything from a security viewpoint. I have a case opened with "GetFileListing" permissions which allows users to list all contents of a FileRepository, and if you block it's access then almost nothing works.

I am creating repository for every customer, but it is getting created in systemrepository.

I want to created the repository for every customer in a subfolder under systemrepository.

Can you explain what you have done to create repositories under a subfolder?

Thanks

Anirudha

For what you say, better you create new FileRepositories for each customers, you just need to create a Thing which derives from ThingTemplate FileRepository and you will get a Root Folder for each customer totally separated from the others.

Top Tags