cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Import of GoogleWidgets_ExtensionPackage.zip -> Extension must have a metadata.xml file

bkumar-31
1-Newbie

Import of GoogleWidgets_ExtensionPackage.zip -> Extension must have a metadata.xml file

HI,

For showing the google maps in the mashups i tried putting my google maps API key in the extension downloaded from thingworx marketplace . I edited the metadata.xml with api key and rezipped, but while trying to import/upload it in Thingworx composer. It shows "Extension must have a metadata.xml file" , actually it has the metadata.xml . Please provide a solution for me.

Screen Shot 2017-01-02 at 7.49.18 pm.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Bharath Kumar,

I think extension folder structure is problem. you can check the zip file once, double clicking the zip folder check whether metadata file is present or not. because some time zip folder contain another folder, that folder contain the metadata file may be..

Thanks

Dinesh

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hi Bharath Kumar,

I think extension folder structure is problem. you can check the zip file once, double clicking the zip folder check whether metadata file is present or not. because some time zip folder contain another folder, that folder contain the metadata file may be..

Thanks

Dinesh

Thanks for the reply.

Tried unzipping the file this is my file structure,

Screen Shot 2017-01-03 at 12.39.08 pm.png

looks correct for me. First is the zip file . Next folder is the unzipped one, containing metadata.xml file & ui folder.

Any other thoughts?

Hi Bharath Kumar,

it correct structure now you select (the metadata file,ui folder), then you converted into zip file format. it may be working fine

Thanks

Dinesh

ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:bkumar-31)

Hi Bharath Kumar​,

There could be two reasons:

1. The zip file you have is zipped twice. In this case you need to unzip the outer zip file to get the inner zip file.

2. As Dinesh mentioned there could be folder inside folder which contains the metadata.xml file. In this case extract the folder and then zip the inner folder and import this in ThingWorx.

In short the metadata file should be available in the first folder for the Extension import to work successfully.

I hope it helps.

Thanks,

Ankit Gupta

ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:ankigupta)

Bharath Kumar​,

Unzip your folder and zip TW_Download_Google_Map and import the new zip file.

Thanks,

Ankit Gupta

posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:bkumar-31)

I see you downloaded the extenison from the marketplace. What is your Thingworx platform version? I will test locally to see if the extension provided on the marketplace needs to be corrected.

Issue is sorted out. Extension is proper!!!

Cool. Thanks for the reply

Top Tags