cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Show multiple things on one mashup

bkumar-31
1-Newbie

Show multiple things on one mashup

I have multiple things with same properties, one of the properties is location(base type: Location) . I want to create one mashup with google map, that should list all the locations of all the things plotted in the map.

And i am using pre-built "MQTT" thing template, which leaves me that i cannot add services to the thing template.

Please advise.

5 REPLIES 5
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:bkumar-31)

You can create a Thing based on that Template to which you can add services.

You can also create a 'generic thing' to create services.

These services will 'wrap' invoke the MQTT services as needed to compile the data.

OR your MQTT transactions will provide data to your Things and your services retrieve information from those Things.

At the end of that you'll need some infotable of locations that you can assign to the google map widget.

Thanks Pai Chung.

Can you help me in creating the service that collects all the things info.

ALL Things have  properties

1. location - LOCATION

2. datavalue - float

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Usually all these Things are based on the same ThingTemplate.

You can create a Service that invokes ThingTemplates['nameofthetemplate'].QueryImplementingThingsWithData

Then pair that with a DataShape that has the fields name, location and datavalue

Yeah all my things are based on same thing template.

I created a new Thing called "master_thing". And i am adding a service, selected Entities as MQTT(Thing Template) . look at the screenshot for reference

Screen Shot 2017-01-05 at 8.41.19 pm.png

var params = {

maxItems: undefined /* NUMBER */,

nameMask: undefined /* STRING */,

query: undefined /* QUERY */,

tags: undefined /* TAGS */

};

// result: INFOTABLE dataShape: RootEntityList

var result = ThingTemplates["MQTT"].QueryImplementingThingsWithData(params);

Giving a empty params {} like ThingTemplates["MQTT"].QueryImplementingThingsWithData({}); will give all things And i need to define a query in params if i want to filter is what my assumption .

You said "Then pair that with a DataShape that has the fields name, location and datavalue" this what im confused right now. Should i create datashape with properties like location, datavalue? Can you explain this part alone , it ll be very helpful if im able show all locations of all things .

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

You'd set your Service Output to InfoTable then for the mashup to be able to successfully use the data, it needs an associated DataShape.

The DataShape defines what information you want to use in the Mashup and it has to match up with the fields you are producing in your service.

When you have your result set and the service saved (even without the DataShape) you can click on TEST to have the service run within Composer.

Once that is done, you can click on Create DataShape from Results to get your datashape, but it probably will have a lot more fields than you need.

Top Tags