cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Protocol Adapter SDK Startup Help

alexe1
1-Newbie

Protocol Adapter SDK Startup Help

I downloaded the recently released Protocol Adapter SDK from the ThingWorx IoT Marketplace. The user guide is not matching my setup experience. The download is packaged as a .JAR file, and the setup instructions say:

"Use the methods necessary to import the source files into your IDE of choice.

In Eclipse, this should happen simply by using File > Import and importing the root folder as a filesystem."

I've tried a hundred variations of importing the jar, its unzipped version, its disassembled version using a third party jar/class disassemble program, no success. I am finding it incredibly difficult to get to the .java source files that are given as the example from which to edit and work.

Has anyone tried this adapter yet? at least tried the setup instructions? I'm not a java expert and new to eclipse too so there's a large chance its user error, but I've exhausted every path I could think of.

Thanks

Alex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Aanjan
9-Granite
(To:alexe1)

Alex, sorry about the inconvenience caused. An updated version of the extension should be available now. Please do try that and let me know. Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Aanjan
9-Granite

Alex, if you rename the jar file to zip, (or if you have a tool like 7zip), you can extract the contents of the Protocol Adapter SDK. But it looks like it contains class files instead of java files as suggested by the screenshot (which also makes it look like an Eclipse project). I'll check internally here and let you know.

alexe1
1-Newbie
(To:Aanjan)

Thanks Aanjan. Yes I have extracted the contents and found the same thing. Class files, no java files. Thanks for checking on this, I'll be interested to hear what comes back.

Aanjan
9-Granite

Alex, sorry about the inconvenience caused. An updated version of the extension should be available now. Please do try that and let me know. Thanks!

alexe1
1-Newbie
(To:Aanjan)

Much better. Thanks.

Top Tags