cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Regarding Custom Authenticator

tayyasamy
1-Newbie

Regarding Custom Authenticator

Hi,

I want to get temporary application key generated for each user authenticates in custom authenticator. Because, i want to connect to thingworx using node js with rest calls.

3 REPLIES 3
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:tayyasamy)

What is the reason why this needs to be a temporary key?

Hi Pai Chung,

I have a different requirement for doing SSO with Thingworx and Active Directory.

My requirement is,

I have two instances of thingworx and mode of communication to thingworx is through rest calls through node js and active directory is configured.

I am giving my requirement in points.

1. I need to get username and password from Node JS Login Custom HTML Page.

2. Then, i need to send username and password to some authenticators, which should authenticate my username and it has to come back as response.

(Here, i tried creating custom authenticator and getting validated user, but in response i could not what to send whether sessionid, applicationkey for currently authenticated user, or success message).

3. After getting response, i need to make calls to thingworx from node js until user clicks Logout button in my nodejs application.

4. If user clicks on logout button, i need to logout my session in active directory and in thingworx as well, if some session is maintained there.

I found some docs in support.ptc.com and i am trying to understand but i need so much clarifications on whether i am doing correct.

My clarifications are,

1. Whether my approach is correct, if i thingworx custom authenticator to authenticate and logout sessions of active directory.

2. If you accept first point, then i know how to send authenticate request to custom authenticator, but i does not know how to send logout url request.  

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:tayyasamy)

If you are doing Active Directory you can use the Active Directory entity to define the Active directory you need to auth against right within Thingworx

http://thingworx.ptc.com/help/thingworx_hc/thingworx_7_hc/ThingWorx_Core/ThingWorxHelpCenterDITAFiles/Security/DirectoryServicesAuthentication/DirectoryServicesExample.html#

Top Tags