cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

OPCDA limitation

twu1
1-Newbie

OPCDA limitation

I want to know, is there any limitation for OPCDA Service?

On one OPCDA service, somehow I added tags less then 100 to communicate to my OPC server, it's all OK and I can retrieve all data, but when I added tags more then 150, some tags couldn't retrieve data and some tags could.

By the way, if I want to connect more then 5000 tags, what solution to suggest?

5 REPLIES 5
jamesm1
5-Regular Member
(To:twu1)

Are you using the OPC UA Client extension? Is your OPC DA Server Kepware, or another OPC DA server?

Are the property updates not coming through even if you tie them to a mashup? It's possible that there may just be too many properties for the Composer to handle. See: https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS203736&lang=en&source=snippet

I have over 400 properties on TW OPC-DA Extension no issues, but you may need to fine tune OPC-DA Configuration JSON Settings (OpcDaThing.config) on the edge, you should look at ConnectionSettings section and increase MaxMessageSize for instance.

jamesm1
5-Regular Member
(To:CarlesColl)

Hey Carles,

Do you have a good rule of thumb for a max message size? I believe the only real constraint here is the sending servers memory, so if the default is 8192 (which is what the Edge SDK it is based on defaults to) perhaps something more like 128000 is more appropriate for a OPCDA server?

On my case for about 400 properties I have 256000, but you should do some testing.

It depends on a lot of factors... Frequency that data changes, property names,...

Top Tags