cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

3D Canvas empty page

hholm
1-Newbie

3D Canvas empty page

Hello,

my 3D canvas page is empty, can't see the grid.

and when I add a Model widget nothing happens?

Have anyone have had the same problem?

10 REPLIES 10
BillRyan
15-Moonstone
(To:hholm)

Good Question Harri...I've been battling this one too.  My issue occurred after I published project, went to home page(my projects), then tried to open the project again.  I've closed Thingworx app and restarted computer with no luck of getting it back.  I can go to the preview and it shows the 3d information correctly..so guessing it is just some graphics issue in Canvas window because the information is there.  I've included my graphics information at bottom.

gray-canvas.JPG

My graphics card info

graphics-info.JPG

BillRyan
15-Moonstone
(To:BillRyan)

Strange...I come back 6 hours later and open the project with success to see the model in the canvas.  I did have to re-login to the VES...this may be what is needed to see the Canvas???

TajuJoseph
6-Contributor

Please update the graphics card and see if it fixes the problem. Happens to a machine in our side and updating the driver fixed it

BillRyan
15-Moonstone
(To:TajuJoseph)

I have the latest driver...but the latest is from 2006.    Quite possibly an issue where I need to upgrade hardware!

hholm
1-Newbie

I did "everything" but nothing sokved my problem,

finally I removed "C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data" and now it works!

BillRyan
15-Moonstone

Harri,  I'd be interested to know what you mean by "everything".  I temporarily renamed the user data folder as you have noted to enable creation of a new folder, but it didn't repair for me.   After doing this, now I'm unable to see the 3D information in my preview window where before I was able to...so I'm really going backwards.

hholm
1-Newbie

Hello Bill,

I did try:

- reinstalled TWS

- updated the graphic card driver

- deleted Chrome cache

- restarted the computer

but it did not solved my problem

I closed Chrome, removed folder "C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data" and restarted Chrome, and now it works.

Maybe reinstall Chrome will solve you problem?

BillRyan
15-Moonstone

Thanks for the reply Harri...something magically happened on my computer because all of the sudden I'm up and working again. Wish I knew what fixed it!  The only thing in your list that I didn't do was reinstall TWS and my driver was the latest. 

BillRyan
15-Moonstone

Gray Canvas again this morning.

BillRyan
15-Moonstone

Ok...I'm not sure if this is the solution but documenting what I did to get it to work.

1) shut down thingworx studio

2) Clear chrome history and close Chrome

3) rename user data folder "C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data" to User Data Old

4) shut down and restart computer

5) launch thingworx studio and go to project - still had gray screen.

6) shut down thingworx and clear chrome history(cache) again.

7) close Chrome and delete newly created user data folder for google chrome.

😎 rename User Data Old back to User Data.

9) Shut down computer and restart everything.

I have a feeling there is a reset of something in that process that is getting my graphics back...will retest if it occurs again.

It's also worth noting that I had gray screen for the 3 days prior to the release of Studio version 1.9.  It worked for a day after upgrading to 1.9 then the next launch it went gray...then did steps above to get it back.

Top Tags