cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Retrieving Information from the end user in the experience

BryanK
14-Alexandrite

Retrieving Information from the end user in the experience

Hi,

I am creating an experience where the end user may want to send some information back to the server.

At a basic level I will have a button that the user can select and it will open their email application with a pre-populated address which they can send.

I assumed that using something like mailto:support@support.com would work but I'm not getting the results I was hoping for. (probably some simple mistake)

Step 2 from that it would be great if we could get additional information like Location, Device Type, OS.. etc.

Step 3 would to be to send that information directly back to thingworx without the need for the users email client.

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
katte
1-Newbie
(To:BryanK)

Bryan,

Can you please explain in more detail what you are trying to do?

Sounds like, you are trying to trigger an email application (mobile) on a button click i.e., navigating from ThingWorx View to a Email app. Is it correct?

If not navigating to other app, you can send email by executing a TWX service (using mail server extension back in TWX) and passing text as an input to that service. Please follow article on mailserver

Let me know if this answers your question.

Thanks,

GIRI

BryanK
14-Alexandrite
(To:katte)

Hi Giri,

That's correct I'm trying to trigger an email on a button click to launch an email app from Thingworx view.

Thanks for your suggestion I will have a look at that.

I know this is a newbe type question but I suppose that the issue for these type of applications is launching one application from another?

Thanks

Bryan

katte
1-Newbie
(To:BryanK)

Yeah, as suggested you can either use ThingWorx Platform (Composer) service or launch another application by writing an appropriate angular JS code to launch the app.

Top Tags