cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Issue with TWX services and Styles in ThingWorx Studio

fguerra
5-Regular Member

Issue with TWX services and Styles in ThingWorx Studio

Hello,

I have a strange issue involving ThingWorx services and the STYLES area in ThingWorx Studio.

I created a service in ThingWorx to modify some properties using inputs from ThingWorx Studio, I loaded the service in Studio, linked the inputs with the service parameters and the result with a label in Studio to see the result, the service works using the preview the first time.

The issue starts when I move from the VIEWS area to the STYLES area in Studio, the links I did with the services properties disappears and I need to link them again to have the service working in the Preview.

There is no specific issue I can notice in the twx-studio.log, I tried to re-install Studio and the issue persist.

Not sure if I’m missing something or is a bug in the application.

Any information would be very helpful.

Regards

Felix Guerra

2 REPLIES 2
katte
1-Newbie
(To:fguerra)

Felix Guerra, This looks very strange, Did you try publishing the experience before moving to VIEWS area or Styles area? Also, do you see the same issue in multiple projects? Or is it with a specific project?

-Giri

fguerra
5-Regular Member
(To:katte)

Hi Giri,

I have the same issue with any of my projects.

What I'm doing now is creating the 2D layout then create the STYLES and add the connections to TWX at the very end and then publish, but if I want to change the label colors, size or something the connections just disappear.

It is strange indeed because only the connections with the properties part of the service brakes, the connection with the result and the trigger to run the service remains.

Let me know your comments.

Regards

Felix

Top Tags