cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Pass event through mashups

fmanniti
9-Granite

Pass event through mashups

How can I pass an event from a mashup to another?

If I have a master with a navigation button I want that, anytime I close the popup, the event "popup closed" triggers a service which is in the mashup.

I know how to pass mashups parameters but not how to pass events

2 REPLIES 2

Hey Fabio,

Any Mashup which has a Parameter, also has a ParameterChanged event generated automatically.

The real interesting thing is what if you want to raise an event from the ContainedMashup to the Host Mashup.

In this case you can create inside the child Mashup an Expression with a DateTime output, with "new Date()" in the expression field and bind the result to a Session variable which is type DateTime. Anytime you want to trigger the event, just trigger the Evaluate service of the Expression

Then, on whatever mashup you want, you can use the Session variable changed event for event monitoring.

Hope it helps,

I have tried this similar concept of using session variable data changed, but in master mashup, when in the contained mashup there is a popup close happened, one of the service in the contained mashup changes the session variable value and this could be treated as a data change event for that session variable and based upon that we can use this event to proceed on anything but it is not working in my case. Have you tried anything similar?

Regards,

Abhishek Kumar

Top Tags