cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Enhancement Request - Enable User to preselect Fidelity of Published PVZ file - Reduces Load / Increases Performance

BillRyan
15-Moonstone

Enhancement Request - Enable User to preselect Fidelity of Published PVZ file - Reduces Load / Increases Performance

The cad optimizer process outputs 3 different fidelity variants of the PVZ file - Low, Medium and High.  The processing power and time to execute all three can be excessive with large PVZ's (300-400MB).  I'm proposing that a popup menu or preselect functionality for the user is made visible to select the fidelity they want when adding resources to Studio.  This may require more predefined recipe files to be stored or created, but I think it would be worthwhile for the user. 

My use case is as follows.  For one project I'm trying to process a full truck - I know that I will only want the low fidelity file.  The next project, I'm working with an intake screen where I know that I will only want the high fidelity variant because it has lots of features.  Don't make the user manage the recipe files!

2 REPLIES 2

That makes sense, Bill.

I've noticed some performance issues as well when using big assemblies.

I've reported this as enhancement TCB-297 to R&D.

BillRyan
15-Moonstone
(To:mneumann)

Thanks Michael for listening to the customer's voice!

Top Tags