cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

File size limitation for file upload widget

tcoufal
12-Amethyst

File size limitation for file upload widget

Hi Guys,

does anyone know what is precise file size that can be transferred via File upload widget (or DnD upload widget).

Is it file type dependent?

How can be increased?

I found that only very small file sizes can be uploaded.

I am running my TW 7.3.0 on CentOS

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
jamesm1
5-Regular Member
(To:tcoufal)

I don't believe there is any limit -- I have uploaded files of  around a gigabyte before with no issue, you just have to leave the page open  while it is processing -- you can monitor the file transfer from the FileRepository thing by invoking the service GetFileListing, or  by UploadComplete  event on the  widget to trigger some logging  service.

jkaczynski
4-Participant
(To:jamesm1)

Hi Tomas Coufal​,

Yes, James McCuen​ is right. There's no limit - but be aware that File Upload widget does not show any confirmation / failure message by default after the upload is done or fails.

There is possibility to show such a message by triggering e.g. Status Message widget with UploadComplete and UploadFailed events of the File Upload widget.

tcoufal
12-Amethyst
(To:jkaczynski)

Yes I am aware of that. I have it exactly like this, but..

I am uploading fairly small pdf files, around 2 - 3 Megs, it fails to upload. If I upload files less than 1MB it works ok.

What could it be?

jkaczynski
4-Participant

Hi Tomas,

That's weird, could you check the Logs (Application Log probably) if there's any error message?

tcoufal
12-Amethyst

Ok, found it.

First thing. I am running on Linux env. I copied folders and files via sftp, forgot to change ownership from root:root to tomcat:tomcat though

It still failed with files larger than few megs. Turned out that this is the nginx default config limitations, which we are using as proxy and load balancer..

It should be ok..

Thanks guys

jkaczynski
4-Participant

Glad that the problem is solved. In case of any further issues, let us know.

Regards,

J.

posipova
20-Turquoise

Be advised that there is a jira PSPT-3153 to provide defined limitations, as currently it seems that the large (>24gbs) uploads may cause a crash.

jamesm1
5-Regular Member
(To:posipova)

Hey Polina,

This ticket refers just to file transfers initiated by FileTransferSubsystem, specifically when the Copy service is used to copy a file across two file repositories, and shouldn't impact the FileUplaod widget, which uses a REST call to post the file content to the repository.

Top Tags