cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Issue on Thingworx Composer

dbologna1
1-Newbie

Issue on Thingworx Composer

Hi All,

on my local PC after starting Apache/Tomcat  and I use the local Thingworx Composer I receive in the first composer page the following message

“Error searching - please try again ('Unable to Invoke Service SpotlightSearch on SearchFunctions : Unable to get search entries: [1.018] Data store unknown error: [Error occurred while accessing the model provider.]')”

Sometimes I succeed to use Thingworx Composer after one or more restart of Apache/Tomcat

Sometimes Thingworx Composer works only after restart of the PC

This morning Thingworx Composer returns always the above message , even if I restarted Apache/Tomcat more times and the PC as well

Any suggestion ? Thanks!

BR

Dimitri

I use Windows 7 (64bit) - java-jdk1.8.101 - Apache/Tomcat 8.0.36 - Thingworx 7.2.3-b48

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jkaczynski
4-Participant
(To:dbologna1)

Hello Dimitri,

Please remove the values in the Initial memory pool and Maximum memory pool. Then save, restart Tomcat and try again. I believe, that the values 128 and 256 are too low for Tomcat / Thingworx to run properly. The developer instance minimal settings should be at least 512m, the more the better.

For more informations on that, please refer to the Thingworx Installation guide (especially Appendix A: Tomcat Java Options Settings).

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Can you go to Monitoring > Application Log and see if there are any additional errors? What version of ThingWorx is this? What version of Tomcat? And what OS?

posipova
20-Turquoise

What is your database? Neo4j, H2, Postgresql/DSE?

If it's an external database, please ensure the connection is stable.

jkaczynski
4-Participant

Hello,

To all the above questions I will add another one: What are your Tomcat memory settings?

Hi All ,

Thank you for your concern.

About your request :

OS PC           --> Windows 7 (64Bit) - 16GB Ram

Tomcat           --> I use the version 8.0.36.0

database        --> Neo4j (It is not an external db is part of thingworx)

memory setting for Tomcat --> -Xms128m -Xmx256m (I thibk that is a correct answer)

Many Thanks

BR

Dimitri

jkaczynski
4-Participant

Hello Dimitri,

Please remove the values in the Initial memory pool and Maximum memory pool. Then save, restart Tomcat and try again. I believe, that the values 128 and 256 are too low for Tomcat / Thingworx to run properly. The developer instance minimal settings should be at least 512m, the more the better.

For more informations on that, please refer to the Thingworx Installation guide (especially Appendix A: Tomcat Java Options Settings).

Hi Jakub,

Many Thanks.

I'll let you Know

Dimitri

Hi Jakud,

I removed the value in Initial memory pool and Maximum memory pool.

I launched Apache/Tomcat and the Thingworx composer work.

I restarted Apache/Tomcat and the Thingworx composer work.

Many Thanks

Dimitri

Hi,

I am using Linux. How can we fix it on Linux?

I am getting the same error.

Regards,

madhu

raluca_edu
17-Peridot
(To:mnalla)

Please check article : 

Please check  $CATALINA_HOME/bin/setenv.sh file, if it is not existing then you can create it.

Thank you,
Raluca Edu
jkaczynski
4-Participant

Good it's working fine. Always glad to help.

Regards,

J.

Top Tags