cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

how to display two y-axes on a label chatrt

hails.alex91@gm
1-Newbie

how to display two y-axes on a label chatrt

Hello everyone!

I am implementing a label chart that will display information in a bar chart. The bar chart's x-axis is various reasons for downtime in a given industrial plant machine, and the 2 y-axis values are the count for each category, and the percent of total downtime. I see that there is an option called YAxisMode and it has Single Y Axis, Dual Y Axis, and Multiple Y Axis. However, if i select 'Dual Y Axis', I do not see an option to define the data field for my second Y Axis, and it comes up as NaN.

Am I misunderstanding something? I want 1 bar for each category, and I want each of the Y axes (left & right) to scale so that the bar represents the correct % of total when looking at the right Y Axis and the correct count when looking at the left Y Axis.

Thanks in advance for all of your help!

Sincerely,
Alex

9 REPLIES 9

Scroll down and look at the DataField properties, where you define the Y-Axis series. You can check to use secondary Y-Axis.

Hi Pai,

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, I already had that checked an my Y Axis comes up as NaN (see attachment "TW_BarChart_1.PNG"). The only way that i have been able to get a second Y axis is if I add a second series. Unfortunately, this means that I will have 2 bars for each category which is not what i want (see attachment "TW_BarChart.PNG"). The design that I need to implement is shown in the attachment "Downtime Analysis Screen.PNG". Is this kind of display something that can be done in Thingworx? If you need more clarification on my exact properties I am happy to update!

Thank you for all of your help Pai, I really appreciate it.

TW_BarChart_1.PNG

TW_BarChart_1.PNG

TW_BarChart.PNG

TW_BarChart.PNG

Donwtime Analysis Screen.PNG

Downtime Analysis Screen.png

Regards,
Alex

Not sure if this helps, but here is where I have the data defined!

Properties_Label_Chart.PNG

I have been working on this some more and I am not sure if this is a defect or not. When I select the Secondary Axis check box, I feel like another dropdown should appear which drives the #s on the left/right y axis. Having the y axis read "NaN" pushes me to think that something is not working properly.

Please let me know!

I see how your first series is defined.

What did you map into the second series?

Each of these series are your Y values, so they either will be mapped to the Primary y-Axis or secondary one (if you check the box like you did for data series 1)

Hi Pai, I understand how to show 2 y axes when there are two series. What I am trying to do is show 2 y axes driven off of ONE series. I have a single data series which gives me a count and percent of total for any given industrial machine. I want the count value to drive the left y axis and the percent values to drive the right y axis.

Is Thingworx capable of displaying TWO y axes for ONE given data series.

I keep running into situations where I want to do a simple data representation like this but Thingworx is too rigid to allow for me to implement particular details and I then have to go reinvent the bar chart through my own custom widget. Please let me know if this is possible and I am happy to get on a call with you and explain further!

Thanks for all of your help, I truly appreciate it.

Regards,

Alex

I just did this in a label chart (using 6.5)

I have one series that brings back my entity and two numbers.

For DataSeries 1 I specified the first number field, did not check UseSecond

For DataSeries2 I specified the second number field, I did check UseSecond

Basically looks like your BarChart.png now.

Sorry maybe I'm not understanding exactly what you are looking to do.

Hi Pai, I want the bar chart to look like TW_BarChart_1.PNG except the left y-axis displays a percent instead of NaN. I am able to create the TW_BarChart.PNG as well, that is not the issue. I want a single bar, per x-axis value, with the alignment to the left column representing a count, and the alignment to the right column representing a percent of total. I hope that makes sense, but please let me know!

I need to understand if Thingworx lacks this capability ASAP so that I do not sink more time into developing custom widgets!

Thanks for all of your help Pai, you have been invaluable.

Regards,
Alex

Best I can tell you to try, to get the graph you are showing, the dual axis, bar chart with a line.

One series is set to be Bar, one series set to be line.

and Hard code the Y Axis.

Top Tags