cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Insert widget in mashup by service

fmanniti
9-Granite

Insert widget in mashup by service

Hi, I have a master with a rightside bar and on this bar I have several buttons and navigate buttons which are commands for my mashups.

I want them to change according to the page where I am.

What I am doing now is just put them all together on the rightbar and, according to the page, show and hide them.

The problem is, in this way, I have some blank spots between one button and another because I cannot place them dynamically.

My question is:

Is it possible to create a service which puts widgets inside the mashup? So I may run it according to the selected page.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jkaczynski
4-Participant
(To:fmanniti)

Hello Fabio,

No, as far as I know there's no possibility to add widgets dynamically. The one possibility is, just as you did, work on visibility options.

I believe that in your situation there's also a few additional options (widgets):

• menu widget,
  • list widget,
  • repeater.

Then you can create menu items / list items / repeater mashups properties dynamically, depending on the page you have visited. That's a solution that is more flexible, I believe.

Regards,

J.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jkaczynski
4-Participant

Hello Fabio,

No, as far as I know there's no possibility to add widgets dynamically. The one possibility is, just as you did, work on visibility options.

I believe that in your situation there's also a few additional options (widgets):

• menu widget,
  • list widget,
  • repeater.

Then you can create menu items / list items / repeater mashups properties dynamically, depending on the page you have visited. That's a solution that is more flexible, I believe.

Regards,

J.

Menu widget ( if it's just a list of buttons ) or repeater widget if each button can have different options ( dropdown lists, checkboxes,... )

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Fabio Manniti​, Have you tried this with Dashboards? It might be helpful in your case.

I think the widget List may be the best one for my purpose.

Only one thing:

the SelectedRowChanged event, triggers the Evaluate event for a validator which is connected to a navigation widget and opens a popup.

Now, if I change the page, that row is still selected so, as I change the page, the validator "opens" the popup again because it considers it a changing row (I don't know if I was clear enough).
How can I bind the list widget with a "No rows selected" when I open a new page?

jkaczynski
4-Participant

Hi Fabio,

You can try to check the value of SelectedRow in the Validator - if it's really changed and is not empty, then it should evaluate to true.

Actually it's very easy... I just bind the list widget to a textbox widget where the default text is blank and, anytime I change the page, the "changing page" event triggers the default value for the text box

Top Tags