cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

How to use the ThingWatcher

cdai-3
1-Newbie

How to use the ThingWatcher

Dear Sir/Madam,

I install the ThingAnalytics and ThingWatcher according to the installation guide. And I upload the training-service.tar, model-service.tar and install them on docker. And after that, how to use the ThingWatcher?

Where can I get some resources, videos or something else to use the thingwatcher? How can I write the ThingWatcher?

I want to have an example to study.

Looking forward to your reply.

Bests,

Calla

7 REPLIES 7
ttielebein
12-Amethyst
(To:cdai-3)

There is a section on "Using ThingWatcher" in this guide, have you already seen this?

Hope this helps!

Hi,

I installed the docker, the Model Microservice and Training Microservice according to the ThingWatcher Development Guide.pdf. And I can get the following results.

1.png

Then I write a thingwathcertest1.java according to the guide.pdf, but I don't know what can i do after this? Would you mind to give me an example?

or some more detail guide which tell me how to use the ThingWatcher?

2 (1).png

Thanks a lot.

nsampat
17-Peridot
(To:cdai-3)

Calla,

Have you reviewed this Blog post presented by one of our Principle Tech Support Engineers?

Sample Java utility to validate ThingWatcher 52.2 installation

Or are you asking for a use case on how to use ThingWatcher?

Regards,

Neel

cdai-3
1-Newbie
(To:nsampat)

yeah, I read it. Thank you. "Sample Java utility to validate ThingWatcher 52.2 installation" gives me a lot of help.

cdai-3
1-Newbie
(To:nsampat)

Hi Neel,

I have another qustion. What's the function of HostDBFile_ModelMicroService, HostModelDestion, HostSharedFile_ModelMicroService? I just know these forder are amount to docker, and to transfer files. But I don't know which file will be transfer. Or which file will be stored in the above folder. Looking forward to your reply.

Bests,

Calla

fseheutderonchi
5-Regular Member
(To:ttielebein)

I didn't find anything about the model microservice.

My understanding is that the model service is supposed to help deploying a model trained once for a device to other training microservice (eventually for other devices). But I see nowhere in the documentation, how to do so.

Would you have leads on that please?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi Francois Xavier

The training microservice is the brain that does the computation and create the prediction model.

Once created, this model needs to be stored somewhere.

There are different options for that, but a convenient one is to store the model in the model microservice.

This then allows to restart a ThingWatcher from a previously created model directly in monitoring mode without going through calibrating mode.

There is a sample on how to start a ThingWatcher in monitoring mode in the Help Center.

Hope this help

Kind regards

Christophe

Top Tags