cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Mailserver giving error as Invalid character in domain name

js802686
3-Visitor

Mailserver giving error as Invalid character in domain name

We are using mail server entity to send emails. It is working fine in mashup we have developed but it is giving error as below in organization's login screen:

"Invalid charater in domain name"

Please suggest possible solutions for it.

17 REPLIES 17
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:js802686)

Does the error happen when using a "reset password" feature? What is the organization's name - does it contain any special characters, spaces, or dots? What happens if you create an organization named, say, "test", and try it then?

Hi Polina,

Thanks for reply. yes error happen when using a "reset password" feature. Our org name is "Industrial_Solutions" It has only underscore in it. is that ok?

Thanks,

Jigar

Hi Polina,

I did try with Org name as "test" but same error. See attached screenshot, though i could not see any error in application log this time.Test Org-Error Screenshot.PNG

posipova
20-Turquoise

Where does the "Invalid charater in domain name" error ooccur/show? If you go to your configured mailserver thing services - are you able to manually send an email with "SendMessage" service?

- Are there any other errors in the ApplicationLog?(Look for, possibly, "generic null error"

- Do you have SSO configured?

- What is your mail extension version?

Invalid character in domain name shown in application logs in original org "Industrial_Solutions"  Also as mentioned before, it is working at other place but only in org login screen where we try to reset pwd, it is not working.

I could not see any other erro rin application log.

My SSO is configured in Thingworx

Mail Extension version is 2.0.0

How to set up the Reset Password feature in the Form login

might be helpful .. i have proceed with these steps above  it works fine

posipova
20-Turquoise

Please try upgrading to the newest mail extension, 3.3.1 that can be found in the marketplace. If the error persists, please let us know. In the meantime i will check/try to reproduce  to see if it's a bug with the password reset on SSO/organizations.

I tried to import new mail server version, but it fails. it shows error as:

We are using TW version 6.6.1. What could be the issue here?

You will have to remove the old extension before importing the new one. Did you already do that and still you see this error?

posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:ttielebein)

This seems like a defect. Can you please open a support ticket? It shouldn't be giving such an error, as the minimumThingWorxVersion="6.6.0"

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Jigar Shah​ Can you please open the metaData file for this extension and see if it says minimumThingWorxVersion="6.6.0"?

If yes, please open a case with PTC TS so that they can can check if this is some Bug as Polina said.

Hi, I removed old extension and uploaded new one but still no luck. it is still giving same error.

Please suggest.

posipova
20-Turquoise

Could you please open a support ticket on this?

Could you please be more specific on what actions the error have encountered  or do perform some simple test services using mail "SendMessage"

try sending simple messages instead going directly what you required .

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Hi Jigar Shah​, Per my understanding; issue should get resolved after upgrading to latest Mail extension version 3.3.1

posipova
20-Turquoise

Jigar Shah​ I have created a support ticket on your behalf, the ticket number is 13537417 . A TSE will contact your regarding further steps on this issue. I believe this might be a defect caused by an SSO setup colliding with the password reset feature. Thank you for your time and patience!

I tried to import new mail server version, but it fails. it shows error as:

We are using TW version 7.3.1. like as  "MED-61032-CD-073_SP1_ThingWorx-Platform-Neo-7-3-1" .What could be the issue here?

mailseverErr.png

Error parsing C:\ThingworxStorage\extensions\temp\TW_Download_Mail Extension_5df895b9-1893-4d93-866e-6db72da1dcae\TW_Download_Mail Extension\metadata.xml: (148, 160): cvc-complex-type.3.2.2: ?? 'ConfigurationTable' ???????? 'isHidden'?

Top Tags