cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

How to make an Alert trigger an Event

chrish
1-Newbie

How to make an Alert trigger an Event

I'd like to have an Alert tied to a Property of a Thing that when the Property changes the Alert will trigger an Event on the Thing. I need to bind this Event in a Mashup to trigger another widget's event.

Any pointers?  Examples and screenshots VERY welcome!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
aluna
1-Newbie
(To:chrish)

Hi Chris

On Thingworx  7.2.5 or higher, In Mashup builder there is a service property on GetProperties called “Automatically update values when able.” A possible workaround may be to add a property to a thing so that whenever this property changes,bind the event to the "ServiceInvokedCompleted" whatever event you want to fire and automatically t the mashup will update.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
aluna
1-Newbie

Hi Chris

On Thingworx  7.2.5 or higher, In Mashup builder there is a service property on GetProperties called “Automatically update values when able.” A possible workaround may be to add a property to a thing so that whenever this property changes,bind the event to the "ServiceInvokedCompleted" whatever event you want to fire and automatically t the mashup will update.

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Hi Christopher,

I agree with armando. Please check this link for more info on your requirement: http://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_hc/thingworx_7_hc/#page/ThingWorx_Core_Help_Center%2FThingWorxHelpCenterDITAFiles%2FMashupBuilder%2FMashups%2FMashupAutoUpdate.html

I hope it helps.

Thanks,

Ankit Gupta

Top Tags